Sometimes I can’t sleep. It’s plagued me as long as I remember. If you suffer from poor sleep, no sleep or high stress, read this great article and try some of the suggestions. It will make a difference for you. Some other things that you can do right now, today will help you to sleep better are:
- Exercise. Regular exercise. (A healthy lifestyle includes a healthy diet, too.) 30 minutes a day.
- Keep regular sleep schedules. Stick to them. Yes, even on weekends. You crazy kids!
- Make your bedroom a “sleep only” environment. No regular TV watching, nothing but sleep.
- Lights out! We’re tuned to respond to “mood lighting.” Turn the lights down low and your body automatically knows it’s bedtime. Turn off (or cover) any device that produces light. Light, tells your body, “hey, time to get up.” So, forget the ipad, reviewing text messages from last Thursday.
- Don’t dwell on stressful things. Refocus your mind. Audiobooks can really help!
Sleeping well isn’t a random act. You can’t make it up. If you plan for a good night’s sleep, you’ll probably get it. It takes time to build good routines, healthy habits and yes, there will always be setbacks. Don’t let let one bad night turn into two. And get an audiobook or two to keep in the cue…